How often do you face the need to write your essay? Be it a term paper, research work or any other academic paper, you will not be able to create a good text without using some auxiliary words and phrases. Such words are used to link ideas in your text, make logical transitions between paragraphs, and help the reader understand the main ideas of your essay, making it clearer and more readable. Besides, they will contribute to express your thoughts clearly and correctly.
What are the best phrases to use in the assignment? In this article, you will find a list of the best words that can be used to start the first sentence of your text, formulate evidence, write a closing paragraph, etc.
What Does It Take To Write A Good Essay?
Academic writing is an integral part of the educational program. Besides, often it can also be a part of the admission procedure at the majority of universities, some exams, as well as the part of the hiring process. In any case, this type of paper requires strong writing skills, in-depth knowledge of the suggested theme, clear presentation of your personal opinion, and, of course, proper language and formatting.
It is good if you can write an essay at home and have enough time. But if you have to create a good text within a short period during an exam – you have to act fast and not waste time on thinking how to start your paper. That is when auxiliary phrases will come in handy. Such phrases will help you not only to structure the entire text, but also to make it consistent, coherent, and reasoned, maintaining the logical line reasoning.
Which Words To Use at The Beginning Of Your Text?
The beginning of every paper aims to suggest a topic for discussion and formulate the main questions and ideas of the whole paper. In the introduction, it is necessary to inform the reader of the topic of your essay. Then you should give a hint to the reader about what position you will take.
If you spend too much time thinking about how to start an essay, you will hardly have time to finish it, or you will lack time for proofreading and editing. Therefore, it is good to keep in mind a few academic phrases for essay writing that you can use at the beginning of your writing; for instance, some of these phrases can be the following:
- Many people think … but others do not agree;
- Let’s consider some pros and cons of (the described issue);
- Let us start by considering pros and cons of (the described issue);
- Let us consider what the advantages and disadvantages of (the described issue);
- There is a common belief … but not everyone agrees on this point.
What Words To Use for Transitions Between Paragraphs?
No matter if you are writing an essay for school, job or college application, you will have to list your achievements or arguments that confirm or refute the main thesis of your work. That is why it is a good idea to memorize some useful phrases for essays that will help to present your thoughts logically and consistently, some of them are:
- To begin with;
- One argument in support of;
- The first thing that needs to be said is;
- Another good thing about;
- The second reason for;
- To put another way;
- The third reason behind this is;
- It is undeniable that;
- First of all, let us try to understand;
- On the other hand, we can observe that;
- The public tends to believe that;
- The other side of the coin is, however, that.
What Words To Include Referring To The Used Link?
If you need to back up your idea with someone's authoritative opinion or refer to someone, you can also use standard expressions like:
- Experts believe that/suggest that/are convinced that /point out that;
- According to some experts.
How To Finish Your Text?
Now you are aware of some good expressions that will help you create a well-structured text and create contrast, however, there are also a few things to memorize that can help you sum up all of the details of your report assignment.
There is a long list of good words to use in an essay that assist in creating a logical summary of the text, and some of the best ones are:
- From these facts, one may conclude that;
- Which confirms the idea that;
- The most common argument against this is that;
- In conclusion, I can say that although;
- To draw the conclusion, one can say that.
An essay should be interesting, emotional, and bright. That's why you should approach writing this type of work with creativity, and these standard expressions will help you build a logical and clear structure of the essay. Good luck
Also you can get Accounting Assignments Help on our website.