Table of contents
- How to Choose a Dissertation Topic Guide
- What Makes a Good Dissertation Topic?
- Dissertation Topics List
- Dissertation Struggles: From Challenges to Success
What makes dissertation paper different from usual essay writing is not only the length, but freedom to choose and research a particular theme. Unlike essay, you are not told about what should be done, but left to conduct substantial research at greater length. Coming from the Latin word “dissertare,” which literally means “to have a debate,” dissertation requires deep analysis of diverse points that relate to chosen subject. Choice of dissertation topics is extremely important for final paper because one has to show expert knowledge of subject. In the guide below, we shall explain how to choose a dissertation topic by providing short writing guide together with 120 ideas that are divided by subject.
How to Choose a Dissertation Topic Guide
Not knowing how to come up with a dissertation topic often brings students to writer’s block. As it’s known, good topic is already half of the task done because you have to show your skills and walk an extra mile to make an additional research. Always take enough time to look through ideas as you decide. Before we proceed with the dissertation topic list, there are few important things to consider that will help you to make a right choice.
Choose what is inspiring and interesting for you!
As it takes weeks or even months to complete, you have to be inspired by your initial ideas. It should be something that moves you, makes research more. If you are enrolled in Sociology course, have an interest in Cultural Evolution in the Great Britain, so choose a topic that combines several disciplines like Political Science, Culture, and Education. Treat it as future career choice, an area where you have something valuable to say!
Dissertation topic has to be unique or have a different research approach!
Try to choose theme that is unique or has an unusual view on a certain issue. It is a possibility to make your own research as well as contribution, have own voice. In case you want to choose a classic subject or a something concerning present issues, try to have a different research approach. Explore theme from a different angle with strong evidence and innovation.
Follow a clear structure of your dissertation!
The most challenging part is staying within structure and formatting rules. You have to find balance between narrowing down topic ideas or being too vague. The best approach is to introduce an idea, continue by telling why it is important, provide facts and academic sources, and conclude by making a resume of aforementioned information. This is exactly where you have to provide your own voice. Remember that it is important to include arguments and remain clear as to your author’s position.
Staying impartial and objective as you research!
As you make a research and work on your paper, choose a topic that will allow you to be objective and impartial. It is especially important when you work with Political Science, Religion, and sensitive Healthcare subjects. Do not risk ethical side, try to find weak sides of topic, write about positive or negative sides presenting diverse views.
Take your time to choose a dissertation topic wisely!
There should be no hurry or pressure as you choose a good dissertation topic. If you feel that theme is weak, start by looking into academic sources, evidence to support your facts or arguments. Choose several to see if topic fits your aspirations and goals. If you have a childhood passion for Eastern Architecture, but your course is Psychology, find inspiration by researching cultural traditions. As an example, perception of the Mosques architecture through self-evaluation lens of the Muslim population in the UK.
Read Also: What Does Dissertation Structure Entail?
What Makes a Good Dissertation Topic?
Here is a list of important factors that make dissertation topic unique:
- Dissertation topic has to be clear as well as engaging to audience.
- Relates to relevant issue or can be supported by recent research.
- Provides several viewpoints.
- Has clear, comprehensive paper design.
- Asks questions and provides arguments.
- Has a strong thesis.
- Language is clear with appropriate terminology.
Dissertation Topics List
Below you can find 120 dissertation topics divided by subject. Take your time to explore dissertation ideas that fit your subject. Let your brain be thoughts generator that motivate and inspire you to do your best!
1. Inmates’ protection: what is needed to ensure it?
2. Censorship on journalism: history & consequences
3. Language usage in court dealings: should it be adapted for non-professionals?
4. Age of consent basis justification
5. Childhood protection laws in UK
6. Laws regulating music and film distribution: required changes
7. Employment discrimination consequences
8. Law-related adaptations that are based on time peculiarities
9. Should fiction creators follow any official regulations?
Law and Criminal Justice
1. Theories analysis in relation to passage of risk.
2. Education impact on juvenile justice cases.
3. Force Majeure implementation in economic turbulence times.
4. Transnational Organised Crimes vs Social Networks.
5. Modern credit frauds cases: corporate study
6. UK, US, and China as reflections of economic takeovers.
7. British offshore laws impact on IT sector in Singapore.
8. Differences between competition and intellectual property laws.
9. Is there a good faith in construction contracts?
10. Modern strategies that can prevent antisocial behavior.
11. How does criminal law in the UK address the issue of non-existent or fake victims?
12. The aspects of criminal liability in Northern Ireland.
13. The comparison of the English Law and the American models of corporate crime.
14. The privacy of law on Confessions.
15. The confidential side of forensic evidence collection in the UK.
16. The breach of criminal jurisdiction online research measures.
17. The benefits of the Criminal Cases Review Commission law.
Family law dissertation topics
1. Child labor issues in the United Kingdom
2. Child abuse victims of domestic violence.
3. Psychological rehabilitation of divorce families and legal aspects of relocation.
4. The aspects of the Family Law in comparison with non-UK practices.
5. Adoption by single parents: cons and pros.
6. Privacy and intervention with an intention to protect the children: a case study.
7. The major factors leading to divorce in families with substance abuse cases.
Medical law dissertation topics
1. Should organ retention practice in the UK be reconsidered.
2. The rules of safeguarding in the UK among the terminally-ill patients.
3. Abortion Act and the legal rights of the fathers in comparison to the Act of 1967.
4. The ethical side of Stem Cell Research.
5. NHS Dress Code through the lens of medical safety legislative claims.
6. How important is the medical background for the legal advisors in medical cases?
7. Mental disability laws in the UK: practical implementation.
Law dissertation topics human rights
1. The rights of equality and cultural diversity in the UK.
2. How well are the Disability Rights implemented in the educational sector?
3. The maternity leave laws in the UK.
4. The public right to protest as post-Brexit conflicts and street violence.
5. The limitations and ethical considerations of equality before the law.
6. Domestic violence and international parents: case study analysis.
7. The implementation of the European Convention on Human Rights in the British legislative system.
Commercial law dissertation topics
1. The ways to approach competition online and prove legal misconduct.
2. Marketing and advertising disputes: finding the violations.
3. What legal requirements in the UK must be followed when starting one’s business.
4. The consumer relations and behavioural patterns.
5. The privacy of marketing campaigns and the data collection in post-Brexit society.
6. Anti-corruption measures in the digital domain.
7. Commercial espionage in the UK: myth or reality.
International law dissertation topics
1. How does globalization affect the rights of minorities in the UK?
2. How can peace be introduced with the help of non-violent methods: an ethical review.
3. Peace Operations controversies: South Africa and Apartheid.
4. The responsibility for international operations and the following of the analysis of the international law.
5. Understanding the International Human Rights Law: the breaches and omissions.
6. When is the national law no longer in use: digital legal issues review.
7. The privacy of legal data sharing in the UK when resolving international cases.
Business law dissertation topics
1. The bogus complaints related to the EU’s financial services market.
2. Strategic planning in organisational structure and corporate relations.
3. The impact of innovative technologies and automation on intellectual property rights in the UK.
4. Business challenges of communications during social distancing times.
5. European anti-discrimination law and the business equality the British way.
6. The role of the local authorities when inspecting the ethical side of the businesses.
7. The company laws vs the corporate law: responsibilities and the ways of improvement.
Contract law dissertation topics
1. The negative impact of the European Union upon the contract law in the UK
2. The Force majeure clause and the concept of irresponsible attitude in legislative practice.
3. How can the idea of Good Faith be introduced in the British contract law?
4. English contract law versus French and German legal systems.
5. Predictability and international contracting requirements.
6. How flexible can a contract be according to the Uk legislation?
7. Conservative VS innovative approach to following the English Contract Law.
1. Montessori Schools Influence on pre-school system.
2. Is special education more available to higher-class population?
3. Testing standardization in middle schools: benefits and disadvantages.
4. Gender segregated education pros and cons.
5. Is private tutoring replacing primary education methods?
6. Should MBA and Business Management degrees include English classes?
7. Should college education be free?
8. E-Courses versus traditional education in British Universities.
9. Distance learning challenges and international students.
10. Teachers training vs modern dangers at school.
11. Purpose of modern education types
12. Basic education: what does it include?
13. Equality in UK classrooms: a myth or reality?
14. Best age for starting one’s studies
15. Bullying in schools and its effect on students’ progress
16. Censorship practices in education
17. Transformations in the extent of teacher’s authority
18. Obligatory educational practices for inmates
19. Effectiveness of private and public studies
20. Sex education implementation
1. How should social architecture be advertised?
2. Political processes influence on XX century architectural designs.
3. Religion role in Victorian times architecture.
4. Globalization role in combining of Eastern and Western architecture.
5. Composite materials role in countries with cold and warm climates.
6. Computer-aided software in architecture and relevant calculation risks.
7. Artistic creativity usage in private architecture projects.
8. Ethical code in architecture versus profits and advertisement.
9. Skyscrapers and land prices in London and Birmingham.
10. Should real estate agents be educated in terms of architecture and construction principles?
11. Modern buildings design
12. History of old and notable buildings: how were they created?
13. Modern world renowned architects
14. Current trends in architecture
15. Responsibilities that architects should have
16. Social impact on modern architecture
17. The difference between commercial and civil architecture projects.
18. How far can creativity go in architecture projects.
19. How to apply innovative methods of work in a frozen construction project?
20. Evaluation of construction model: a case study.
21. Environmental aspect of architecture trends.
22. The comparison of the 19th-century village landscape and modern times in the UK.
23. Did immigrants bring changes to urban architecture?
1. Father figure formation for children in single mother’s families.
2. Reflective practices role in military rehabilitation of the British veterans.
3. Literature review on methods of work with anxiety disorders patients.
4. Modern diets impact on depression and low self-esteem.
5. Anti-bullying methods vs social networks.
6. Smartphones excessive use phenomenon.
7. Social stigma role for women image in media.
8. Gender studies vs religion: psychological aspects.
9. Should enterprises employ additional psychologists to reduce the workplace stress?
10. Cognitive behavioural analysis and length of treatment courses.
11. Myth about negative influence that violent fiction has on people: reasons & origins
12. Differences in child abuse victims’ reactions to external stimuli
13. Study in cheating: reasons along with relationship consequences
14. Dealing with trauma through interacting with dark fiction
15. Fictional preferences as element determining one’s personality: logical fallacies
16. Strict vs. abusive upbringing
17. Power imbalance in relationships: where does it come from?
18. Development stages: new angle
19. Emerging therapies for addressing the death of a loved one
20. Psychology of advertising
1. Religion and education link in the Middle East.
2. Educational policies changes after World War II.
3. Marginalized groups in college admission process.
4. Public Schools Privacy in China.
5. Conflicting theories in the United Kingdom's history lessons.
6. Immigrants role in British culture?
7. Social inequality in the United Kingdom based on Marx's Capitalism Theory.
8. Social communication online versus older social interaction modes.
9. Increased alcohol consumption and economic turbulence.
10. Sub-cultural marriages in the UK: cultural impact.
11. Modern sociological questions
12. Emerging youth cultures
13. Movement of purity culture youth known as ‘antis’: beliefs and fallacies
14. Different families kinds
15. Gender studies in modern classrooms
16. Professional success sociology
17. Social networks with their ever-growing impact on people
18. Sport culture & bullying
19. Sociological expectations from next generation
1. The ways of keeping the children safe in terms of TV and Media in the UK.
2. Biased attitude in the workplace based on Welsh and Irish background.
3. The link between education levels and poverty in the United Kingdom.
4. Can the British communication strategies apply Scandinavian methods of workplace relations?
5. The Pandemic and the rise of domestic violence.
6. The reasons why the British children run away from home.
7. The social impact of university students’ volunteering.
1. Comparing the concepts of diversity and discrimination in the workplace.
2. The outsourcing and the character peculiarities.
3. Discrimination and bullying in the educational sector.
4. The latest HR trends in the UK.
5. Creating sustainability in the COVID-19 times.
6. Are online marketing platforms beneficial for diversity?
7. Recognition of the single employee contribution: case study.
1. Decision making in the banking sector.
2. Cost-benefit analytical methods.
3. How to approach competition in the financial sector in the UK.
4. Innovations in personal finance interest.
5. Building a market structure template in the post-Brexit society.
6. The forms of international wealth through the lens of an average British citizen.
7. The mechanisms behind the Scarcity concept.
1. Financial misconceptions in the banking sector.
2. The use of AI tools and automation in the management accounting field.
3. The benefits of online or e-accounting solutions.
4. The concept of relative funds management.
5. The role of bias in the auditing.
6. How the tax accounting laws in the UK must be updated post Brexit?
7. Dealing with market fluctuations in the UK.
1. The global finance map and effect of the COVID-19 financial crisis.
2. The benefits of digital banking investments.
3. The rules of the British corporate strategy management.
4. National VS Foreign direct investments and related risks.
5. Privatisation laws and limitations in the UK.
6. Automation software in the financial management sector.
7. The effect of cryptocurrency transactions upon the British economy.
1. American vs British voting systems.
2. Globalization politics in the UK.
3. BREXIT hidden role.
4. Welfare structure and social inequality.
5. Can democracy be equal for all social groups?
6. Religion impact on political decisions in the UK.
7. Charisma and financial control of political parties.
8. What does it take to become a ruling class in the United Kingdom?
9. Foreign politics of the United Kingdom in Afghanistan campaign.
10. Media and clichés role in contemporary politics.
11. New abortion policies in US and its implications for other countries
12. Changes in political treatment of LGBT parents
13. Modern stances that politicians have on healthcare availability
14. Military policies of the last years: what changed?
15. Euthanasia in UK: possible developments
16. Transgender-related political decisions
17. UK politics milestones
18. What policies should be implemented during war?
19. Impact of social protests on policy making
1. The ethical side of the Industrial Revolution in the 19th century.
2. The ethnocentric aspect of the Western relationship model.
3. The roots of feminism in modern society.
4. Should religion and politics be separated into the British society?
5. The role of women in WWII.
6. Foreign cooperation of the Foreign Ministry: Margaret Thatcher model.
7. Does the British Propaganda take from the American TV model?
Digital marketing dissertation topics
1. The safety measures of digital transactions.
2. The analysis of customer relations online.
3. Studying the role of digital marketing campaigns.
4. Is there digital marketing the British way?
5. Is personalisation an advantage or an additional challenge?
6. The ways to add an element of humanity to online marketing.
7. The ways to expand digital marketing internationally.
Social media dissertation topics
1. How can social media accounts be promoted?
2. The copyright issues when reposting marketing content.
3. Post-Brexit changes to online media business ways.
4. The use of SEO practices when promoting business online.
5. The main challenges of cooperation on social media.
6. The legal side of starting your business on Facebook.
7. The role of influencers in the UK.
International marketing dissertation topics
1. The Western VS Asian marketing methods.
2. Localization of the marketing content.
3. Political aspects of international marketing.
4. The methods of learning about your target audience.
5. An ethical side of international marketing in Asian countries.
Music / Culture
1. British Invasion influence on world music.
2. Distorted image of women in modern pop culture.
3. Modern classical composers vs mass culture.
4. Electronic devices revolution in modern music.
5. Music piracy vs ethics code.
6. Fashion icons influence on relation to body image issues.
7. Immigrants in musical evolution in the United Kingdom.
8. Electronic books vs old-time libraries.
9. Classic image of culture personality in society.
10. Analysis of lyrical themes in mass media culture.
English / Literature
1. Nationalism reflected in the British literature XX century.
2. Shakespeare's works analysis through the modern perception lens.
3. Setting vs nature in Shakespeare's King Lear.
4. Immigrants in evolution of British English.
5. Evil in Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis.
6. Changes in children's literature from 1950's to modern times.
7. Popular blog services analysis for literary and grammar elements.
8. Contrast of nature as described by Scandinavian and British authors.
9. Reflection of discriminatory practices in works by Charles Dickens.
10. Is there such concept as a “purely British culture” in modern literature?
1. Banking sector for economic growth.
2. British culture conflict with management styles.
3. Why is innovation not always the best method in the UK?
4. Environmental issues of the British factories and an ethical code.
5. British negotiation styles in international business arena.
6. Stocks protection and bonds in market.
7. Online marketing pecularities.
8. Comparative analysis of the British IT sector to India's Innovators.
9. Management styles and risks in banking system.
10. Entrepreneurship in the UK: Things to know.
11. Emerging management strategies
12. Techniques of achieving job satisfaction
13. Business management trends
14. Factors considered during investments
15. Leaders under conditions of globalization
16. New marketing strategies
17. Technology, automation, and management challenges.
18. The human factor and cultural differences when implementing outsourcing.
19. How to compose a model of a target market.
20. Marketing strategies of physical versus digital markets.
21. How to adjust to consumer behaviour changes.
22. Resolution of customer conflicts online.
23. The matter of trust in business cooperation.
1. How are female journalists presented in the British media?
2. Yellow press and tabloids challenges.
3. Brexit in media.
4. Typical stereotypes vs clichés in press.
5. The Guardian newspaper history, analysis, and a style evolution.
6. How does the press influence mass culture among youth?
7. Are social networks replacing newspapers?
8. Can British media exist without advertising?
9. What is the role of television?
10. How can society filter "fake news"?
Healthcare and Nursing
1. How transparent is NHS?
2. Social Media effect on adolescents.
3. Plant medicines vs non-traditional practices.
4. Medication accessibility for all social groups.
5. Work-related stress among Police officers.
6. Reproductive Health among immigrant.
7. IT technologies in primary healthcare.
8. Heart Failure analysis and statistics.
9. NHS future estimation.
10. Healthcare training vs simulation in emergencies.
11. Chemical solutions versus mental therapy for mental health patients.
12. The privacy aspects of mental issues among college students in the UK.
13. Rehabilitation of family members where mental health issues take place.
14. PTSD among the army veterans and the available resources.
15. Schizophrenia in the popular media and the practical reality.
16. The link of ADHD to Autism and developmental behaviour.
17. The stress factor and the violence of post-traumatic experiences.
18. Emergency nursing dissertation topics
19. Covid-19 emergency measures in the UK
20. Infectious disease reporting protocols.
21. Emergency cases in rural areas.
22. ER room innovations and the digital aspects of work.
23. Workplace violence and privacy.
24. Child abuse victims interrogation.
25. Disease identification methods.
26. Paediatric (Pediatrics) nursing dissertation topics
27. Preparation of a child for a doctor’s appointment.
28. Vaccination in the UK.
29. Congenital heart disease among infants.
30. Parental violence reporting and childcare services.
31. Learning to analyse a child’s behaviour during the doctor’s visit.
32. ADHD and psychological development.
33. Body image and social media among teenagers.
Business Management and Administration
1. Global offshoring and the United Kingdom
2. Recession role for society.
3. Strategists versus Managers in Corporate Policies.
4. Vodafone UK: gender policies and cases of harassment.
5. Typical hiring process and organizational screening in the United Kingdom.
6. E-governance system vs security risks.
7. Internet safety in the Business and Corporate websites in the United Kingdom.
8. Links of domestic economic growth to changes in foreign policies.
9. Information monitoring by media outlets.
10. Are British management styles flexible or archaic?
11. The role of mediation in international business conflicts.
12. Transnational corporations’ case study as the legal functioning example.
13. The reasons why outsourcing is not always positive.
14. The way how Brexit has affected international businesses in the UK.
15. The export limitations of the Asian markets to the United Kingdom.
16. International customer service requirements and case studies.
17. Expanding small-to-medium business internationally.
18. The impact of regional differences in terms of business methods in Northern Ireland.
19. The gaps in modern Corporate Social Responsibility methods.
20. The British leadership style and its effect on business operations.
21. Why is outsourcing necessary for business?
22. Cross-border business negotiations and limitations.
23. Covid-19 effect on remote work and video conferencing.
24. The rehabilitation of business that has gone bankrupt.
Project management dissertation topics
1. How to compose a project in the Covid-19 environment?
2. Is Pandemic a reason for risk management aspects?
3. The cultural aspects of project management.
4. The role of the customer in the management of the social project.
5. Outsourcing and delay management methods.
6. AI tools in large enterprise projects.
7. The outside influences during the various stage management work.
Event management dissertation topics
1. The choice of catering services and calculation.
2. The code of conduct in the UK when planning a business event.
3. The privacy VS enthusiastic approach when planning.
4. Mediation as the conflict resolution method during the event conflicts.
5. The role of advertisement in the event planning.
6. The choice of location in terms of environment and a psychological impact.
7. Use of scientific tools for calculation and planning.
Construction management dissertation topics
1. The role of IT management in the construction work.
2. Legal aspects in the choice of location and natural heritage.
3. Building up prognosis and the simulation model for construction work.
4. The construction scheduling issues and resolution methods.
5. Advertisement and investors in national construction projects.
6. Real estate market analysis in the UK.
7. Healthcare aspects and civil engineering bias.
Strategic management dissertation topics
1. Corporate strategy planning and private investments.
2. The bias in strategic management planning.
3. Forecasting in digital commerce planning.
4. The Performance levels between the British and American business standards.
5. Preparation for the financial crisis: Covid-19 case study.
6. Analysis of foreign strategies when expanding internationally.
7. Ethics VS Profits: presenting plans to the public.
Dissertation Struggles: From Challenges to Success
Even when you have a good dissertation topic chosen, you may still feel stuck and helpless, not knowing how to proceed with your work. Of course, it is a long journey that takes time as well as research. Just when you require any kind of assistance, it may become hard to shape your thoughts when you do not know how to continue or ask for help. At EduBirdie, we have assisted countless students on different subjects. No matter how big or small challenge is - our team of Masters and PhD graduates have been in your shoes and know how to assist you the best way.
Starting from basic undergraduate assistance to complex dissertation help online, you can select a writer by looking through credentials and a number of works completed. Entirely transparent, there is no need to waste precious time as you can contact writer directly or talk to a 24/7 customer support team. It is especially important with dissertation, as you can track and review writer’s work at any stage, making corrections and introducing new ideas.
With any kind of assistance that you receive from us, you can be assured that final work is proofread and 100% plagiarism-free. As paper has to be your own research and have unique ideas, writers work extra hard to provide innovative solutions. Even if you only have to choose a right topic you can contact writer who will guide you through concerns and will answer each question in a most professional way.
Choosing your dissertation topic, think of your future career and employment, ideas and future intentions. A good research is already a kind of advertising that shows your personality, skills, makes you a unique candidate in your career field. Take your time, choose a good dissertation topic, and remember that the sky is the limit!