What makes dissertation paper different from usual essay writing is not only the length, but freedom to choose and research a particular theme. Unlike essay, you are not told about what should be done, but left to conduct substantial research at greater length. Coming from the Latin word “dissertare,” which literally means “to have a debate,” dissertation requires deep analysis of diverse points that relate to chosen subject. Choice of dissertation topics is extremely important for final paper because one has to show expert knowledge of subject. In the guide below, we shall explain how to choose a dissertation topic by providing short writing guide together with 120 ideas that are divided by subject.
How to Choose a Dissertation Topic Guide
Not knowing how to come up with a dissertation topic often brings students to writer’s block. As it’s known, good topic is already half of the task done because you have to show your skills and walk an extra mile to make an additional research. Always take enough time to look through ideas as you decide. Before we proceed with the dissertation topic list, there are few important things to consider that will help you to make a right choice.
Choose what is inspiring and interesting for you!
As it takes weeks or even months to complete, you have to be inspired by your initial ideas. It should be something that moves you, makes research more. If you are enrolled in Sociology course, have an interest in Cultural Evolution in the Great Britain, so choose a topic that combines several disciplines like Political Science, Culture, and Education. Treat it as future career choice, an area where you have something valuable to say!
Dissertation topic has to be unique or have a different research approach!
Try to choose theme that is unique or has an unusual view on a certain issue. It is a possibility to make your own research as well as contribution, have own voice. In case you want to choose a classic subject or a something concerning present issues, try to have a different research approach. Explore theme from a different angle with strong evidence and innovation.
Follow a clear structure of your dissertation!
Wondering how to write an assignment? The most challenging part is staying within structure and formatting rules. You have to find balance between narrowing down topic ideas or being too vague. The best approach is to introduce an idea, continue by telling why it is important, provide facts and academic sources, and conclude by making a resume of aforementioned information. This is exactly where you have to provide your own voice. Remember that it is important to include arguments and remain clear as to your author’s position.
Staying impartial and objective as you research!
As you make a research and work on your paper, choose a topic that will allow you to be objective and impartial. It is especially important when you work with Political Science, Religion, and sensitive Healthcare subjects. Do not risk ethical side, try to find weak sides of topic, write about positive or negative sides presenting diverse views.
Take your time to choose a dissertation topic wisely!
There should be no hurry or pressure as you choose a good dissertation topic. If you feel that theme is weak, start by looking into academic sources, evidence to support your facts or arguments. Choose several to see if topic fits your aspirations and goals. If you have a childhood passion for Eastern Architecture, but your course is Psychology, find inspiration by researching cultural traditions. As an example, perception of the Mosques architecture through self-evaluation lens of the Muslim population in the UK.
Read Also: What Does Dissertation Structure Entail?
What Makes a Good Dissertation Topic?
Here is a list of important factors that make dissertation topic unique:
- Dissertation topic has to be clear as well as engaging to audience.
- Relates to relevant issue or can be supported by recent research.
- Provides several viewpoints.
- Has clear, comprehensive paper design.
- Asks questions and provides arguments.
- Has a strong thesis.
- Language is clear with appropriate terminology.
Dissertation Topics List
Below you can find 120 dissertation topics divided by subject. Take your time to explore dissertation ideas that fit your subject. Let your brain be thoughts generator that motivate and inspire you to do your best!
Law and Criminal Justice
1. Theories analysis in relation to passage of risk.
2. Education impact on juvenile justice cases.
3. Force Majeure implementation in economic turbulence times.
4. Transnational Organised Crimes vs Social Networks.
5. Modern credit frauds cases: corporate study
6. UK, US, and China as reflections of economic takeovers.
7. British offshore laws impact on IT sector in Singapore.
8. Differences between competition and intellectual property laws.
9. Is there a good faith in construction contracts?
10. Modern strategies that can prevent antisocial behavior.
We’ll take care of your dissertation. You take care of you.order dissertation
We do the writing. You get the grades.
What is EduBirdie?get started
1. Montessori Schools Influence on pre-school system.
2. Is special education more available to higher-class population?
3. Testing standardization in middle schools: benefits and disadvantages.
4. Gender segregated education pros and cons.
5. Is private tutoring replacing primary education methods?
6. Should MBA and Business Management degrees include English classes?
7. Should college education be free?
8. E-Courses versus traditional education in British Universities.
9. Distance learning challenges and international students.
10. Teachers training vs modern dangers at school.
1. How should social architecture be advertised?
2. Political processes influence on XX century architectural designs.
3. Religion role in Victorian times architecture.
4. Globalization role in combining of Eastern and Western architecture.
5. Composite materials role in countries with cold and warm climates.
6. Computer-aided software in architecture and relevant calculation risks.
7. Artistic creativity usage in private architecture projects.
8. Ethical code in architecture versus profits and advertisement.
9. Skyscrapers and land prices in London and Birmingham.
10. Should real estate agents be educated in terms of architecture and construction principles?
1. Father figure formation for children in single mother’s families.
2. Reflective practices role in military rehabilitation of the British veterans.
3. Literature review on methods of work with anxiety disorders patients.
4. Modern diets impact on depression and low self-esteem.
5. Anti-bullying methods vs social networks.
6. Smartphones excessive use phenomenon.
7. Social stigma role for women image in media.
8. Gender studies vs religion: psychological aspects.
9. Should enterprises employ additional psychologists to reduce the workplace stress?
10. Cognitive behavioural analysis and length of treatment courses.
1. Religion and education link in the Middle East.
2. Educational policies changes after World War II.
3. Marginalized groups in college admission process.
4. Public Schools Privacy in China.
5. Conflicting theories in the United Kingdom's history lessons.
6. Immigrants role in British culture?
7. Social inequality in the United Kingdom based on Marx's Capitalism Theory.
8. Social communication online versus older social interaction modes.
9. Increased alcohol consumption and economic turbulence.
10. Sub-cultural marriages in the UK: cultural impact.
1. American vs British voting systems.
2. Globalization politics in the UK.
3. BREXIT hidden role.
4. Welfare structure and social inequality.
5. Can democracy be equal for all social groups?
6. Religion impact on political decisions in the UK.
7. Charisma and financial control of political parties.
8. What does it take to become a ruling class in the United Kingdom?
9. Foreign politics of the United Kingdom in Afghanistan campaign.
10. Media and clichés role in contemporary politics.
Music / Culture
1. British Invasion influence on world music.
2. Distorted image of women in modern pop culture.
3. Modern classical composers vs mass culture.
4. Electronic devices revolution in modern music.
5. Music piracy vs ethics code.
6. Fashion icons influence on relation to body image issues.
7. Immigrants in musical evolution in the United Kingdom.
8. Electronic books vs old-time libraries.
9. Classic image of culture personality in society.
10. Analysis of lyrical themes in mass media culture.
English / Literature
1. Nationalism reflected in the British literature XX century.
2. Shakespeare's works analysis through the modern perception lens.
3. Setting vs nature in Shakespeare's King Lear.
4. Immigrants in evolution of British English.
5. Evil in Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis.
6. Changes in children's literature from 1950's to modern times.
7. Popular blog services analysis for literary and grammar elements.
8. Contrast of nature as described by Scandinavian and British authors.
9. Reflection of discriminatory practices in works by Charles Dickens.
10. Is there such concept as a “purely British culture” in modern literature?
1. Banking sector for economic growth.
2. British culture conflict with management styles.
3. Why is innovation not always the best method in the UK?
4. Environmental issues of the British factories and an ethical code.
5. British negotiation styles in international business arena.
6. Stocks protection and bonds in market.
7. Online marketing pecularities.
8. Comparative analysis of the British IT sector to India's Innovators.
9. Management styles and risks in banking system.
10. Entrepreneurship in the UK: Things to know.
1. How are female journalists presented in the British media?
2. Yellow press and tabloids challenges.
3. Brexit in media.
4. Typical stereotypes vs clichés in press.
5. The Guardian newspaper history, analysis, and a style evolution.
6. How does the press influence mass culture among youth?
7. Are social networks replacing newspapers?
8. Can British media exist without advertising?
9. What is the role of television?
10. How can society filter "fake news"?
Healthcare and Nursing
1. How transparent is NHS?
2. Social Media effect on adolescents.
3. Plant medicines vs non-traditional practices.
4. Medication accessibility for all social groups.
5. Work-related stress among Police officers.
6. Reproductive Health among immigrant.
7. IT technologies in primary healthcare.
8. Heart Failure analysis and statistics.
9. NHS future estimation.
10. Healthcare training vs simulation in emergencies.
Business Management and Administration
1. Global offshoring and the United Kingdom
2. Recession role for society.
3. Strategists versus Managers in Corporate Policies.
4. Vodafone UK: gender policies and cases of harassment.
5. Typical hiring process and organizational screening in the United Kingdom.
6. E-governance system vs security risks.
7. Internet safety in the Business and Corporate websites in the United Kingdom.
8. Links of domestic economic growth to changes in foreign policies.
9. Information monitoring by media outlets.
10. Are British management styles flexible or archaic?
Dissertation Struggles: From Challenges to Success
Even when you have a good dissertation topic chosen, you may still feel stuck and helpless, not knowing how to proceed with your work. Of course, it is a long journey that takes time as well as research. Just when you require any kind of assistance, it may become hard to shape your thoughts when you do not know how to continue or ask for help. At EduBirdie, we have assisted countless students on different subjects and you can buy an essay in UK now! No matter how big or small challenge is - our team of Masters and PhD graduates have been in your shoes and know how to assist you the best way.
Starting from basic undergraduate assistance to complex dissertation help online, you can select a writer by looking through credentials and a number of works completed. Entirely transparent, there is no need to waste precious time as you can contact writer directly or talk to a 24/7 customer support team. It is especially important with dissertation, as you can track and review writer’s work at any stage, making corrections and introducing new ideas.
With any kind of assistance that you receive from us, you can be assured that final work is proofread and 100% plagiarism-free. As paper has to be your own research and have unique ideas, writers work extra hard to provide innovative solutions. Even if you only have to choose a right topic or need hnd assignments you can contact writer who will guide you through concerns and will answer each question in a most professional way.
Choosing your dissertation topic, think of your future career and employment, ideas and future intentions. A good research is already a kind of advertising that shows your personality, skills, makes you a unique candidate in your career field. Take your time, choose a good dissertation topic, and remember that the sky is the limit!