A compare and contrast essay is a challenging task because it requires strong analytical and writing skills. First of all, it is essential to find the topic and define two objects to correlate. And secondly, you will need to follow the structure wisely and logically organize your work. It must be easy to read and comprehend. That’s why lots of people struggle with this type of essay and need essay writing assistance. Here are general tips on composing of such paper without professional assignment help.
Features and Peculiarities of This Task
The main purpose of comparison and contrast essay is to define the distinctions and connections between the two objects in question. It is a form of assignment that can be done on its own or as part of a bigger work. Still, you will need to conduct an analysis – to highlight the aspects of two objects that are compared. Also, you will have to come up with a legitimate conclusion. The analysis and thesis of your essay should make it clear for a reader why these two objects should be put together and what we learn from it.
The crucial part is to distinct the problem you are going to explore. The objects that are examined should be distinctive but, at the same time, they should be from the same category. For instance, you can match a banana and an apple – they are different, but the class is the same – fruit. But you should not compare an apple to a book. The writing on Novel against Film is the classic precedent of comparing and contrasting essay. You choose the original text, for instance, The Green Mile by Stephen King and its screen adaptation and define the connections and the differences.
Finding the Theme of an Essay
Of course, sometimes it is not easy for a student to select the compare and contrast essay topics. If you’re having troubles with ideas, you might use reliable sources to find a problem for your essay. It is always essential to use trustworthy sources in your academic papers. It is not only a common requirement of any university. Any quality paper should have a scientific basis to it, use terms and words in the right way.
Getting down to the case and the thesis statement, bare in mind the reasoning and the main features. The objects may have some significant similarities and differences, and you don’t want to miss them. Choose the most significant ones, those that offer food for thought.
Here are several credible resources where you can find inspiration for your essay:
1. Course books and textbooks
3. Official Report and Statistic
4. Scientific Conference Booklets
5. Academic and scientific online journals
How to Structure Your Essay
A compare and contrast essay structure gives you a certain level of adaptability when organizing the outline. The general structure, though, is the same, as in any other essay – introduction, the main body that includes three parts, and conclusion.
A compare and contrast essay introduction outlines the topic and its relevance. It states the conflict and defines the framework of discussion.
The main struggle is to organize your essay in a coherent way. Basically, there are three common ways to format it. First one is to shape your discussion by objects – start with the first one and dwell on the aspects. After the transition paragraph, explore the same aspects regarding the second object.
The second way is to structure your information according to the aspects you compare in two selected objects. Start with one and describe how it works for both objects in question. This way your main body will list these aspects making it easier for readers to navigate through your write-up.
And the third way is to put details that make object similar first and the diversities next. You start with the corresponding features of objects, and after that, you investigate what makes them diverse.
The acknowledgement of competitive arguments is the part where you state that you are aware of the other reasons on the topic, but they are irrelevant or are not the subject of the research.
A conclusion is not just a summary, but logical reasoning that should be based on your main points.
Writing Process: Where to Begin
How to write a compare and contrast essay? First of all, start with the formulation of the argument. Begin with looking for two objects that you are willing to compare. Make sure that they are worth analyzing. You need to understand clearly what your readers can learn from comparing them.
Then you should properly research your topic. Use only relevant and scientific sources or, at least, the reliable ones. You need to support your arguments with facts and statistics. Make a list of differences and connections of the objects and underline the main points. Pick only crucial ones; there can be three or four solid points.
After that, create your thesis and organize the outline of your work. Put it all together and write a meaningful and logical conclusion. And of course, don’t forget to review and check grammar.
Illustrations of Topics for Compare and Contrast Essay
Here are several illustrations of the issues you may use to complete your paper.
10 Technology and Social Media Themes:
1. Comparing Windows to iOS
2. Instagram and Snapchat: the Influence on Society
3. Comparing Digital and Traditional Journalism
4. The Relationship Between Science and Technology
5. PlayStation vs Xbox
6. Communication in Reality vs Digital Communication
7. Artificial Intelligence and Robots
8. Autopilot Driving vs Regular Driving: Comparing the Risks
9. Safe Internet vs DarkNet
10. Technological Singularity and Computers
10 Issues related to History:
1. World War I vs World War II
2. The Religion of Ancient Greece and Ancients Rome
3. Concepts of Plato and Socrates
4. Roman Myths vs Ancients Myths
5. Churchill and Stalin
6. Results of French and American Revolutions
7. Racial Policy of the USA in 18th and 21st Centuries
8. Napoleon and Louis XVI of France
9. The Difference Between US Democracy and British Monarchy
10. The influence of Marx and Hegel on Society
10 Literature and Language Topics:
1. Main Themes and Characters in Two Stephen King Novels
2. Edgar Allan Po and Lovecraft: the Means of Scare
3. Comparing Modernism to Postmodernism
4. James Joyce vs Virginia Wolf: the Stream of Consciousness
5. Transcendentalism and Dark American Romanticism style
6. Wordsworth vs Blake
7. Harry Potter vs Lord of the Rings
8. Female characters in Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility
9. Shakespearian and Modern Theatre
10 Philosophy Themes:
1. Camus vs Sartre
2. Continental and Analytical Philosophy
3. Wittgenstein vs Russell
4. The concept of God and Evil
5. The concepts of Body and Soul
6. Philosophy and Religion
7. Heidegger and Arendt
8. Heidegger and Sartre: the Сoncepts of Time and Memory
9. Foucault and Derrida
10. Philosophy and History
10 Art, Music, and Film Problems:
1. Original text vs Screen Adaptation
2. Comparing Marvel and DC Movies
3. Classic Art vs Impressionism
4. Abstract Art and Cubism
5. Rock’n’roll vs Grunge
6. The Villains of Avengers and DC Legends of Tomorrow
7. Digital Art vs Traditional Painting
8. Comics vs Books
9. Classical Music vs Pop Music
10. Picture and Sculpture
The best compare and contrast writing service
If you have no time for writing a compare and contrast essay you can always turn to professionals in this field. We are happy to provide you with top-rated quality service and guarantee you an excellent result. We always put the satisfaction of the clients in the first place. By ordering your essay here, you can be sure that your teacher will give you the best grade.
We offer completely safe and confidential essay writing service by UK.Edubirdie.com. We also provide clients’ support at any time of day at night. All our writers have MA or Ph.D., degrees and are properly experienced in writing. You are going to get an original, unique paper because we check carefully every piece.